Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring is approaching!

Spring is on its way, the snow in my yard is receding; the mud is encroaching. My winter coat has begun to fear it's hibernation is near.

Ranger is having another Colour Inspiration Challenge. The present I made for my Mom's birthday fits the bill. Warren gave me the "Treasure Life" (D1306) stamp set by Close To My Heart for Christmas. I'd wanted them because they are so nice! I can use them for emboss resist (Mom's card), black outs, FlowerSoft, and the technique from today.

 
I used my Tim Holtz Distress markers by Ranger to colour in the stamps, then misted the stamp with water before stamping on the paper. Normally I would use watercolour paper, but I was out (temporarily). I added ink to the stamped papers with my Inksentials daubers and Ranger Distress inks. The base is a scrap board cut to 5" x 18" with a white paper glued to the front. I also used my daubers and Distress inks to colourize the base. How did I learn that? By watching Tim Holtz videos of course, if you do not have Tim Holtz's app, you are seriously missing out people!

My Mom enjoyed the wall hanging, it made me anticipate Spring and the flowers in my own garden.
 
Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Fantastic wall hanging, can not wait for spring to arrive here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting, I'd love it if you left a comment.