Glitz makes some really cool products. I saw these ‘hoopla’ rub-ons when they first came out and had to have them. Then my craft room swallowed them whole and they were gone. When they finally resurfaced I knew I had to use them right away. Grabbed my tags from Staples and Tim Holtz Distress inks by Ranger and got to work. LOVE getting messy.
I placed the rubs on the tags (before inking) and started blending the Distress inks over top with my Inkssentials dauber. I misted with water and dried with my heat tool. Don’t get too close to rub ons, as they may burn. Tim Holtz has a great videos on his techniques, including this one, be sure to download his App to have easy access to his genius. Cannot say enough good about that man and his team, pure genius.
Anywhoo… I set the tags aside and slowly added ‘pieces’ to them until I had time to turn into cards. I have days when nothing comes to mind creatively, this may be hard to believe if you have ever asked me “what would you do with this?” but totally true. I use those days to do other crafty tasks like embossing, die cutting etc. I had my DCWV bases, previously embossed (using Tim Holtz’s texture fades), my prepped tags, scrap paper, and boom. Cards done.
1. Lilly B patterned paper; Bazzill cardstock; DCWV base; Staples tag; Glitz Rub-on; Harmonie peel-off; Ranger Distress ink; Bella Blvd. tape; unknown twine, staples, flower, and brad.
2. Provo Craft, Bo-Bunny pattern paper; DCWV base; Harmonie peel-off; Making Memories brad; Tim Holtz texture fade by Sizzix and Distress inks by Ranger; CTMH ink; Glitz rub-ons; Bella Blvd. tape; unknown staples and lace; Staples tag.
3. Costco patterned paper; DCWV base; Bazzill cardstock; Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger, texture fades for Sizzix; CTMHN ink; unknown brad, twine, staples, flowers; Staples tag; Bella Blvd. tape; Glitz Rub-ons.
4. Staples tag; Provo Craft texture plate; Costco patterned paper; Glitz rub-on; DCWV base; Unknown brad and flower; Vintage Street Market twine; Bella Blvd tape; Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger.
5. Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger, texture fades by Sizzix; DCWV base; Glitz rub-on; Bella Blvd. tape; unknown trim; Vintage Street Market twine; CTMH inks; Dollarama gems; Staples tag.
6. Staples tag; Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger; DCWV base; Bazzill cardstock; Dollarama gems; Glitz rub-ons; Vintage Street Market twine; Bella Blvd. tape; Darice texture plate; unknown staples.