The crafty ladies at Catherine and Cathy Create have issued a colour challenge for the month of July, and I am determined to give my all.
As some of you know I have been on a sewing kick lately.
Neglecting my paper.
I needed a good challenge.
(Want to play too? head to http://www.catherineandcathycreate.com/2013/07/color-combo-challenge.html?m=1)
I like the way this specific challenge is set up.
Direct from their site...
Color Combo: Raspberry Ripple, Basic Black & Coastal Cabana
"Projects can be anything - cards, scrapbook pages, 3D projects, etc. They can be linked to any other challenges but we ask that they be new projects (no back linking!). You can use any brand of product you choose (it does NOT have to be Stampin' Up) - We want you to be inspired and have fun!"
I like less limitations. Especially now with being in a rut of sorts.
On to my entry...
With company coming soon I have been cleaning my office/house
so I no longer look like I belong on "Hoarders".
I found 6 of these lovely ladies in a drawer.
Headless, but lovely none the less.
Until now I have been afraid to do more than gesso one of them.
Saving them for the perfect 'thing'.
This CCC challenge is going to be just that.
I started by searching for my Tim Holtz tissue paper.
I swear I had it yesterday.
I did find some plain white tissue paper from packaging, my text background stamp, and black ink pad.
I wanted it to look a bit vintage and ghostlike. I randomly inked stamp, (missing sections on purpose) and rotating image the image with varying pressure.
Then I tore the tissue paper to manageable sizes and covered the dress form in thin coats of Modpodge and tissue paper.
Too much glue and the tissue will tear easily.
I covered her in a mix of inks and sprays to get coverage I wanted.
To seal the colour, I sprayed a clear aerosol paint over top.
While that's drying I dabbed paint on my garden background stamp and stamped the black modelling film.
Cut it in triangles, and proceed to burn my fingertips as I wrapped it around a kitchen skewer to shape.
Next step was to find something to create her clothes. I cut flowers with my big shot and embossed them with embossing folders.
Once she was dry, I wrapped glue around her skirt and started adding the cut petals in tiers.
I also found a scrap of lace trimmed netting that was perfect for the bodice.
Tied with black satin ribbon and rhinestone trim from God knows where.
She was just about ready.
Mixing and matching feathers, trims, broken broach, SU 'art' stamp on mini heart covered in flat back glass marble thing.
And very hard to photograph ;)
I also made a quick card while my stuff was out (who am I kidding. It's always out).