Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Missy B's Doll Tea Party

Miss B and I had planned a tea party to celebrate the end of the school year, but it had to be postponed to the end of Summer. It turned out to be a great way to start the school year. We still have two weeks before they go back, but still. 
The kids and I made play food in advance with help from Dad. 
We turned these: 

Into this: 
Crayola air dry clay into:

White glue and shot glass drinks, that really will take more than three days to dry in this humidity. 
B's doll ice cream creations:

I had made duct tape shoes and sandals from a few pins. Had to make a few more the day of for folks with different feet than B's. But quick and fairly easy. 

I laid out tarps, then blankets, coffee tables and end tables with table cloths. Large plastic wine glasses with ribbon tied name tags. 

The girls had fun, and that was the most important thing.
 They didn't need my interference to play. 
There was even a dead mouse to keep them occupied. 
Seriously.
 I did tell them not to touch it with their hands, lol.
 We have cats, so the occasional dead mouse turns up in our yard.
 It happens. 

 Please check out my tea party album here on Pinterest to find where our inspiration and tutorials came from :)


We had play tea sets from Granny's house, and serving dishes from my office. It was an amazing day, they're a great group of girls!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting, I'd love it if you left a comment.