Friday, June 28, 2013

I'm a sewing machine. Now that's just plain punny.


"Laaaame". Yes Domonik I hear you. 
It's genetic. 
You shall inherit the lame jokes from not one, but both parents.
Sorry dear future grandchildren. 

And back to thought for post...
I've been sewing a great deal, due to a Pokemon/Skylanders/Lego/egg baby themed role play the kids have been playing for days since the rain began. 
I try not to sew on bright, sunny, beautiful summer days.

 Oh rainy days, I've got you. I live in Newfoundland, so I've got you. 

Well, anywhere in Canada this year...dear tangents, please keep yourself in check.  Can you tell I'm trying to catch up on the new Doctor Who before the 50th anniversary special? I'm typing a little like 10 (David Tennant) speaks. Which is amazing.

Right. Sewing machine. 
I'm going to be an auntie again, this time on my side of the family. My sister has posted it on her fb page, so I guess I can blog it. 

She wants a blanket. I make lots of "stuff", but not really skilled in this department. I have a few pins I have wanted to try. Sorry, no links, in on my phone. Guess you'll just have to follow me, ;)

I made this one from a table cloth panel. I loved it too much for that though. It was going to be a dress for me, but it said blanket. 

Then I made this one, I liked the quickness of making a giant block instead of many small. 

Too girly, and not knowing what she is having. 

I have a bag of dress shirt remnants that I have had sliced previously. Plenty more too.  Sewed together strips, squared up, sewed all way round together in sets of two, then sliced corner to corner. Creator of that trick is genius. Yet again no link. Sorry. Not finished yet, but soon. 

I don't do beginner or instructions well. I see a picture and go for it. The next project is my first attempt at a zipper. Really should read instructions. The stuffed animal cushion is another genius project, not designed by me. (Side note: People, by now you should have found me on Pinterest and my "sew this" board.) and don't look at background housework I'm ignoring it too. 
While it is genius, I don't see more in my future. 

Off to create some journals from my own brain. 

Stay tuned. 

Watch Doctor Who while you're waiting. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting, I'd love it if you left a comment.