Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Granny!

Posting two days in a row, oooooooh (picture white kitty from "Puss in Boots" covering mouth). I know. I don't get out much ;)
Tonight we will be celebrating my Granny's 85th birthday. I've always been close to her. A great, funny lady. She gets out more than I do. I'm excited for the party, there's going to be plenty of laughs!

While I have made a few cakes, I'm not a great piper. I decided to make a 6"x10" paper topper (covered in a plastic wrapper) that can easily be turned into covers for her birthday cards after. I cut a single sheet of Bazzil Bling (it's either Feather Boa or Lipgloss), cut my 8"x10" photo to 5"x9.5", and added a thin Authentigue "Lovely" mat. I printed the verse on scrap paper, matted with more Authentique.

 For the '85' I printed off and cut out from the computer, but I switched font color to pink so it wouldn't matter if it showed through. I inked the edges slightly with my Inkssentials dauber, coated the numbers in Ranger Collage Glue stick, and poured glass glitter in a snazzy pink.


I also made these flavored tea favors, thanks to the Graphics Fairy for the wonderful corner frame with the bee! I added a text box in Paint and saved as a jpeg file, printed as 9 wallet size per sheet.


 I love my Tim Holtz Distress Markers and waterbrush. I use them on nearly every project. I like to work right on the kitchen table, this drives Warren nuts!


 If there's anything I've noticed about my blog photos, it's that I really need a manicure.

Don't forget to particpate in the Crop Circles Blog Hop happening now, comment on each blog between March 1st through 3rd to qualify for the grand prize. Plenty of blog candy abound too!
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting, I'd love it if you left a comment.